[Mediawiki-l] (SQL query hidden)

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Mon Dec 19 00:39:29 UTC 2005

I'm currently getting the following on every page of my MW 1.5.3
sites. (MW 1.4 sites are working fine.)

I'm pretty sure this is not a database password problem. I can use
mysql from the command line with the wiki user/pass. Plus, things
like Special:Allpages work fine -- just none of the pages listed!

Any clues? Anything I can slip into LocalSettings.php to let me see
the hidden query that's failing?

Never mind -- figgered it out. This is what happens when your innodb
database is SELECT-only. (I had put "innodb_force_recovery = 4" in
my.cnf to try to recover a database.)

But I would still like to know how to view such queries, instead of
them being "hidden".

> Database error
>
> From Bytesmiths
> (Redirected from Main Page)
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug
> in the software. The last attempted database query was:
> (SQL query hidden)
> from within function "". MySQL returned error "1030: Got error -1
> from storage engine (localhost)".

:::: People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who
are doing it. -- George Bernard Shaw
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AQ25-27>