[Mediawiki-l] upload html files

Greg Rodenhiser grodenhi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:40:57 UTC 2005

We are using Mediawiki 1.5.1 to organize documentation for our department.
The problem is that we cannot get Mediawiki to allow html files to be
uploaded.  I have enabled doc extentioons and that works.  I have the
following line in my LocalSettings.php

$wgFileExtensions = array( 'png', 'gif', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'doc', 'pdf', 'html'
);

This allows all the above mentioned extentions to be uploaded, but for
whatever reason Mediawiki continues to reject .html files.  The error says
the file does not appear to be an image.  Why can't we upload an html file,
even though the extention is configured to be allowed?  Thanks!!