[Mediawiki-l] Re: 1.5.2 problems with MySQL 5.0.16?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Dec 14 07:53:33 UTC 2005

One thing I discovered on one of my other sites is how TIMESTAMP
values are returned.

Under MySQL 4.0.16, they were returned as "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS", under
MySQL 5.0.16, it's "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS". (Thanks, guys.)-:

At least this is different between the two when you mysql_fetch_array
() TIMESTAMP values, because I write the result unadorned to a
preferences file for another website client, and it normally goes out
as an integer, which is read back in like "$Updated =
20051213210957;" but totally screws up when it tries to read back in
"$Updated = 2005-12-13 21:09:57;"

Do those of you who leap tall buildings with a single bound and
instantly grok stack dumps see how this particular gotcha could be
causing my stack dump?

:::: Hydrogen power will dramatically reduce greenhouse gas
admissions. -- George W. Bush
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>