[Mediawiki-l] Re: Spell-checker

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Dec 13 21:21:11 UTC 2005

> From: Rowan Collins <rowan.collins at gmail.com>
> On 13/12/05, Jan Steinman <Jan at bytesmiths.com> wrote:
>>> Damn, I mean the server, of course.  How well does the OS X software
>>> work with mediawiki markup?
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean. It's Unix. "It Just Works"(TM).
>
> I think what was meant was does it barf every time you type <nowiki>,
> or [[word|another word]], or some of the other odd strings of letters
> and punctuation that make up wikitext?

It's pretty good. It ignores anything inside XML-style tags and non-
word-like text in general. And for that odd term of art, there's
always highlighting the word, right-clicking, and picking either
"Ignore Spelling" or "Learn Spelling." (I try not to do the latter
unless I've checked another source!)

:::: Well, gotta get back to whatever it was I was avoiding... ::::
:::: Jan Steinman (http://www.IslandSeeds.org) ::::