[Mediawiki-l] Re: Spell-checker

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Dec 13 17:17:23 UTC 2005

> From: Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org>

>>> Personally, I think that's the responsibility of the client.
>>>
>> One great thing about putting it into the client would be that it
>> could use a collaboratively maintained dictionary.
>>
> Damn, I mean the server, of course.  How well does the OS X software
> work with mediawiki markup?

I'm not sure what you mean. It's Unix. "It Just Works"(TM).

I do see the value of a collaboratively maintained dictionary. But
I'm spoiled by "as you tpye^H^H^Hype" automatic spelling correction,
and the thought of going back to batch spelling correction makes me
think about flint knives and stone axes.

:::: A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
government. -- Edward Abbey ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van ::::