[Mediawiki-l] 1.5.2 problems with MySQL 5.0.16?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Dec 13 05:37:32 UTC 2005

I just upgraded my server to MySQL 5.0.16 max from 4.0.16.

I host about a dozen websites that use MySQL, and all of them seem to
be working fine, including those that were using MediaWiki 1.4.

But the ONE website that was using MW 1.5.2 is busted! I get the
following stack dump on the Main Page:

Error in fetchObject(): MySQL server has gone away
Backtrace:
GlobalFunctions.php line 451 calls wfbacktrace()
Database.php line 531 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
MessageCache.php line 151 calls databasemysql::fetchobject()
MessageCache.php line 94 calls messagecache::loadfromdb()
MessageCache.php line 247 calls messagecache::load()
GlobalFunctions.php line 342 calls messagecache::get()
GlobalFunctions.php line 322 calls wfmsggetkey()
GlobalFunctions.php line 297 calls wfmsgreal()
OutputPage.php line 657 calls wfmsgnodb()
Database.php line 411 calls outputpage::databaseerror()
Database.php line 358 calls databasemysql::reportqueryerror()
Database.php line 734 calls databasemysql::query()
Database.php line 656 calls databasemysql::select()
LinkCache.php line 162 calls databasemysql::selectfield()
Title.php line 1150 calls linkcache::addlinkobj()
index.php line 86 calls title::getarticleid()

Any quick hints before I go digging deeper?

:::: He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already
earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since
for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. -- Albert Einstein
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99-6313-16>