[Mediawiki-l] Re: Spell-checker

Aron Rubin arubin at atl.lmco.com
Tue Dec 13 04:37:19 UTC 2005

Jan Steinman wrote:
> Personally, I think that's the responsibility of the client.
Not sure why this comes up regularly. I understand that some people are
very pleased with their application or OS specific spell checker,
however there are many reasons why someone would want to ensure that all
visitors to their wiki have access to a server-side at a minimum. As
implemented this server-side spell check consumes less bandwidth than
mediawiki's preview function. Remember if implemented correctly the
server-side spell check should not preclude the use of a client-side
solution.

Aron