[Mediawiki-l] Wiki Names

Laurie Lewis ldlewis at swiftdsl.com.au
Tue Dec 13 03:21:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have set up a multiple wiki site by putting separate wikis in their
own directories.  At this time they are named  by their directory
location- that is:-

http://domain.name/language.code/etc.

I have put these entries into the interwiki table as they exist as:-

en   http://domain.name/en  0  0

Each wiki has its own database name:-  example_en  example_da

When I look at wikipedia I see naming such as

http://language.code/domain.name/etc

Can I do this without having to go and register subdomains etc.  If so
how?  Will the current database structure support this??

I am very new at this so any help appreciated.

Laurie