[Mediawiki-l] importing public databases into mediawiki

HumanCell .org humancell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 23:56:24 UTC 2005

I'd like to import a public database into my mediawiki, where each
*row* of the database corresponds to a new article.

Here's a simple example to clarify:

ID          Name    Height   Weight
Row1      fred       150        100
Row2      bill         210         55

After importing this DB I'd have two new articles (title: fred and bill)
 - the fred article has an infobox with parameters 150 and 100
 - the bill article has an infobox with parameters  210 and 55

My databases have thousands of entries...so an automated approach is
necessary.  Has this been done before?  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.