[Mediawiki-l] need help installing memcaching app on win 2k3 server

Isaac Gonzalez youngi at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 01:22:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

after reading/researching for a few hours about installing a memcaching app for the wiki, I decided to try eaccelerator.

I am running PHP 4.3.11/MYSQL 4.1.x . One wiki 1.4.5 and a new wiki pointing to a different db running 1.5.3.

I found a pre-compiled dll here http://www.arnot.info/eaccelerator/   (used eaccelerator_win_4.3.11.dll  since that matched my php version) for e-accelerator which wiki setup detected, however once setup was successful, the wiki homepage would not load for my new wiki. Nor would my old wiki load either. (no error messages,...just a browser hang after a few mins) Hence I disabled the e-accelerator extension in php.ini and found a version of memcache here http://pecl4win.php.net/ext.php/php_memcache.dll and grabbed the php_memcache.dll file for 4.3.11 and enabled the extension within php.ini. All seems well except I think I have to change the code in local_settings.php for the 1.5.3 wiki which accounted for the eaccelerator option I tried to use:

## Shared memory settings
$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_ACCEL;   ##was set by me I imagine
$wgMemCachedServers = array();

I also probably have to change the code in my 1.4.5 install but I'm not too worried about that one using memcache since it will be pretty locked down.

Anyone know what I need to change this to to make it actually work?

thanks,
Isaac