[Mediawiki-l] link to windows network drive possible ?

Alistair Johnson JohnsonA at rembrandt.co.nz
Mon Dec 5 22:53:42 UTC 2005

We got this working by using IIS to map a virtual directory to a directory
in our file system.

eg. A virtual directory "docs" in mapped to c:\docs
    To access the file c:\docs\abc.txt from the mediawiki interface we then
use [{{SERVER}}/docs/abc.txt abc.txt]

Works well and we use NTFS file permissions to restrict access to sensitive
files to authorised users.

We couldn't use file:// as most browsers block that by default now.

Cheers,

Al.