[Mediawiki-l] link to windows network drive possible ?

Ben Arnold (DSLWN) BenA at datacom.co.nz
Mon Dec 5 22:05:54 UTC 2005

Normally you'd be able to do this with a file URL.

[file://server/folder1 the text to link from]

Notice how the Windows backslashes become slashes in a file URL.

This doesn't seem to work on MediaWiki. This is probably a good thing in
general since there's not much use for it outside of a shared
filesystem. It could also be a security risk.

Others might be able to tell you how to hack MediaWiki to get this to
work. If you find out, let me know. I'd be interested in doing this on
my wiki too.