[Mediawiki-l] Are there any restrictions for a MediaWiki running on MS IIS?

Vasiliadis, Thomas T.Vasiliadis at schlemmerblock.de
Thu Dec 1 07:42:26 UTC 2005

Hi there,

Im running an MediaWiki 1.5.1 with PHP 5.0.5 (isapi) and MySQL 5.0.15-nt on an MS IIS (InternetInformationServer).
I have some troubles with it:
If I try to use a "Umlaut" (german special character like ä,ö,ü) in the articel name, the articel will be saved if I hit the save button, but Wiki doesn't react anymore.
If i try to load such an article, it is the same.
In the Database on the server are funny characters instat of the Umlaute I have used.
If I take a lock with phpMyAdmin from my PC the characters seems pretty OK.
The tabels are all utf8-gerneral_ci and the database itself latin1_swedish_ci (don't ask me why swedish).
The type of the tables are mostly "InnoDB". Searchindex is "MyISAM" an hitcounter is "MEMORY" (with a unknown amount of datasets inside).

Ive tryed to update the whole wiki to 1.5.2, since then i am unable to delete an articel (which worked fine before). Downgrading to 1.5.1 makes no change to this.

Have anybody any suggestions?

TV