[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki 1.5: so difficult?

Steven Dick kg4ydw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 06:48:03 UTC 2005

On 11/30/05, Rowan Collins <rowan.collins at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, no need for accusations

Sorry to snap at you, and thanks for correcting the errors, pedanticly or
not.
That's what I get for writing to maling lists when I really should be
sleeping. :)

Part of your confusion is that I meant both things, probably because I'm
confused about what I want.  It's been a while since I set up the wiki,
so weak memory on this stuff does not help.

I *thought* you were talking about pages which were literally *part
> of* the interface;

I'm not sure that this isn't the case.  As another poster pointed out,
there are pages that need to be site appropriate.   I think I've listed most
of them in my posting to the list, but I'm sure I missed a few.

The key here is prioritizing what needs changing -- things that are critical
to a site's layout and purpose, vs. all messages in the system.

But most of the pages that bother me I think are linked to from the system
messages, which is why they got missed.