[Mediawiki-l] MW hack question: Special WantedPages

Hans Voss hans.voss at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:32:37 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to hack the 'Wanted Pages' special page to exclude a
specific namespace (or if that works beter all namespaces I created
myself).

I have looked at the SpecialWantedpages.php and the actual query
performed seems plain to see. There is however one thing I don't
understand. In the query (see below) the 'where' clause specifies that
'page_namespace IS NULL'. And still I see all the namespaces listed.

Now I modified the query's where clause with "and pl_namespace != 104"
and that does what I want it to, but I still don't understand the IS
NULL part. Because if I throw that part to mysql:
(select * from page where page_namespace IS NULL) it returns no rows
(expected behaviour).

Can any of you guru's out here on the mailing list help clear this one
up for me?

Thanks,
Hans.

--
----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards