[Mediawiki-l] Wikiwyg

Jonathan Sanderson lists at quernstone.com
Wed Aug 31 11:01:15 UTC 2005

On 23 Aug 2005, at 15:24, Jonathan Sanderson wrote:

>     <http://www.wikiwyg.net/>

Just to bring things up-to-date: this 'wikiwyg' group (as opposed to
Jim's wikiwyg :) have recently posted a GreaseMonkey demo that does
somewhat surprising things to Mediawiki:

     <http://demo.wikiwyg.net/wikiwyg/demo/wikipedia/>

It's... quite startling.

As a user and would-be deployer, I hope some common ground can be
found for all these projects. Mediawiki usability, particularly for
casual users, could take a giant leap forwards. Round-trip problems
will doubtless be an issue, but in my book anything that allows an
occasional visitor to contribute without having to learn markup is at
least worth considering.

--
Jonathan Sanderson
'If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.' (Pascal)