[Mediawiki-l] Date categories in WikiNews

John Ellenberger johne at jellenberger.org
Tue Aug 30 00:40:50 UTC 2005

Trying to understand the date categories in wikinews for my own site.  I see
that the date template puts articles into a category specific to the date
but it looks like on the wikinews site there are also pages that are created
for the year/month/day.  These are referenced in the "latest news" template
on the front page.  How are these created?  Is there a template that I'm
missing somewhere that converts date category data into pages

John Ellenberger
Groton, MA
johne at jellenberger.org