[Mediawiki-l] Login Problems Due to Cookies

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at uconn.edu
Mon Aug 29 13:02:24 UTC 2005

I just upgraded our Wiki (http://wiki.lib.uconn.edu/wiki/) to version
1.5rc3. When I try to login, I get a message:

Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please
enable them and try again.

Even though I get the message, I actually get logged into the Wiki and
can freely edit pages.

I'm not blocking cookies, and I've tried IE and Firefox on several
different machines. I've also tried specifying to accept cookies from
our Wiki. I tried removing all cookies, etc. Nothing works.

A similar problem was reported here with no resolution:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Bug_reports#Login_cookie_problems

Has anyone seen this problem before? Feel free to try it out on our Wiki
if you like.

-Tony