[Mediawiki-l] Problems Installing Mediawiki 1.4.8 (continued)

James Sanders jamessanders at telus.net
Mon Aug 29 01:31:23 UTC 2005

Sorry about the incomplete message, I accidently sent it via a keyboard shortcut. Here we go:

I've been having trouble installing Mediawiki 1.4.8 on my webserver here:

http://web.rulex.net/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php

When I go to configure the wiki before installing, I get these warnings and errors:

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(./includes/Defines.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home:/usr/local/lib/php) in /home/users/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php on line 121

Warning: main(includes/Defines.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/users/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php on line 121

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/Defines.php' (include_path='.:/home/users/smextreme/wiki:/home/users/smextreme/wiki/includes:/home/users/smextreme/wiki/languages') in /home/users/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php on line 121

I know my webhost has it set up wrong, because I've installed it on my personal web server on my computer. Can you give me some info on what to tell my web host to fix the problem?