[Mediawiki-l] emailing forgotten passwords

Alistair Johnson JohnsonA at rembrandt.co.nz
Fri Aug 26 02:07:30 UTC 2005

See http://php.net/mail for info on setting up email on php.

Al.

-----Original Message-----
From: andrew at mac-boy.com [mailto:andrew at mac-boy.com]
Sent: Friday, 26 August 2005 9:18 a.m.
To: mediawiki-l at Wikimedia.org
Subject: [Mediawiki-l] emailing forgotten passwords

So I'm running MediaWiki 1.4.7. My users have been wanting to use the "I
forgot my password so email it to me" button when they forget their
password... unfortunately, it does not work! No erroring, just a message
that claims a message was sent.

Sendmail wasn't even installed on my machine until someone let me know they
were trying to use this feature. I promptly installed sendmail, and set
about looking for some setting or variable in the php to enable the use of
the newly-installed sendmail.

I'm confused. An adventure in searching through meta.wikimedia.org was
fruitless.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew Moll