[Mediawiki-l] Re: Examples to structure a wiki

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Wed Aug 24 22:12:29 UTC 2005

Marcel de Ruiter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just started with the wiki. The only structure has been inputted by
> having a (manual edited) page of contants on the main page.
>
> Can anyone point me to examples of more extensive (automated)
> structuring like using categories, breadcrumbs etc.
>
> What is good practice in this case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/ ? :o)

Seriously, when it comes to category, you might want to set up a top
category and have your main categories attached to it.

Something like:

[[Category:Index]]
 \--> [[Category:Comics]]
 \--> [[Category:Movies]]
   \--> [[Category:Thriller Movie]]
   \--> [[Category:Romance Movie]]
 \--> [[Category:Video Games]]

You can use templates to easily maintain several articles wich shares
the same content, for example a table containing informations about the
movies like year of production, director, main actors ..

It's really up to you :o)

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar