[Mediawiki-l] Throwing Zope overboard

Tim Suter tsuter at cait.org
Wed Aug 24 15:20:15 UTC 2005

I would like to throw Zope/Zwiki overboard and go with a LAMP based
knowledge base.  My reasoning is that with jumping a version number
(from 2 to 3) there is no backward compatibility.  Since most of our
content is in 2, and there is a LOT of content, I want to go ahead and
make the transition with something LAMP based.  Also, I am more familiar
with LAMP based apps.  So, MediaWiki seems to be that choice.

We currently use Zope for knowledge base purposes.  As I said
previously, it has a bunch of content.  My question is:

Has anyone ever gone from a Zope architecture to MediaWiki?  If so, are
there any tools available to export the data from Zope so as to import
it into MediaWiki?  Or is this just going to be an ugly cut and paste
nightmare?

Thanks,
Tim