[Mediawiki-l] how to create tree-like index from categories

Mike Valstar mikevalstar at gentoo-wiki.com
Wed Aug 24 05:29:05 UTC 2005

to the best of my knowledge there is no way to do this built into
mediawiki, you will need to build an extention or a bot to update your
main page

if you do build an extention, the page will not update automagically
when a new category is added you will need to run an   action=purge on
it because the "compiled" version of the page is stored in the DB (just
in case you run into that problem when building your extention)

Mike Valstar