[Mediawiki-l] Wikiwyg

Jonathan Sanderson lists at quernstone.com
Tue Aug 23 14:24:11 UTC 2005

In case people haven't seen the various bits of news coming out of
(Foo|Bar)Camp last weekend: Wikiwyg is a demonstration of an in-
browser WYSIWYG wiki editor. It's Mozilla/Firefox only, but rather
elegant nonetheless.

     <http://www.wikiwyg.net/>

Not that I wish to kick off a holy war, but with current wikis,
including MediaWiki, there's clearly a learning curve for 'general
public' users. Often, they're new not just to the wiki concept, but
also to the very idea of markup. My own recent wiki project foundered
on that hurdle; Wikiwyg is the sort of system that might make wikis
dramatically more straightforward to casual users.

Besides, it's kinda fun to play with.

Lots of discussion around the blogosphere:
     <http://technorati.com/search/wikiwyg>

--
Jonathan Sanderson
'If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.' (Pascal)