[Mediawiki-l] Email notification of *any* MW content change?

Sy sy1234 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 20:41:56 UTC 2005

On 8/20/05, Matt England <mengland at mengland.net> wrote:
> At 8/20/2005 03:07 PM, Sy wrote:
> >On 8/20/05, Matt England <mengland at mengland.net> wrote:
> >Some sort of RSS to email gateway on Special:Recentchanges would
> >probably do the job.
>
> How does one build such a thing?  eg, are there names of tools that one
> uses to implement this?

I've heard that there are some third-party tools for such a thing.

I never got into RSS, but I understand that some RSS clients can also
do emailing too.  Basically, each user would set up their RSS client
to check for stuff in the recentchanges and notify them.

Looking into RSS clients which can do email notifications might be a
good direction to take.  I don't know that this would be the right
solution, as I've never worked with RSS or email notification.