[Mediawiki-l] rendering speed and performance issues

Mike Valstar mikevalstar at gentoo-wiki.com
Sat Aug 20 20:21:06 UTC 2005

I personally run my own server (AMD opteron).. but i get a lot of hits.
perhaps you should try to find a hosting provider that will offer you up
some of the options that mediawiki allows for,  memcached, eAccelerator
or something similar.  other then that your pretty much SOL for speeding
it up, mediawiki already stores a cached version of the page in the DB
and caches some of the other things it uses often.

<shameless plug>
I run some hosting and I have memcached running for a couple other wikis
I host if you wanted to switch over http://thrashcorp.com
</shameless plug>

Mike Valstar