[Mediawiki-l] rendering speed and performance issues

Mailing HEAVY.ch mail at heavy.ch
Sat Aug 20 08:07:12 UTC 2005

hi there

I would like to get some information about performance of the mediawiki
software. i'm started with a wiki under my domain "heavy.ch" and recive
rendering-times between 0.1s and 8s, but with _no other trafic_.

I guess my provider got some performance troubles if it start to get
over 1s. are there any "performance-tweaks" possible? but i'm not able
(allowed) to change any memory-configirations or other os-based tweaks,
coz' it's just hosted and i do not got my own server running.

im using the latest beta4, with no caching mechanism (or proxy like
squids). also i can not tell you how many visits i have to count on in
the future. it would be just nice if i would receive some expirence
reviews from other wiki-webmasters on their own sites.. thanks!

greetings
Marcel