[Mediawiki-l] Re: Confusion over forums and posting to list

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Fri Aug 19 05:35:21 UTC 2005

Andrew Mole wrote:
> First of all, I would like to give a big thank you to everyone who has put time
> into making WikiMedia work - I am impressed by how much has been achieved.

You almost got it: WikiMedia is the foundation running several
wikiprojects including WikiPedia. I believe you have made MediaWiki (the
software run) :)

<snip "cant find a forum">
We have no forum, instead we use mailing lists which are also registered
on gname.org which then provide a nntp/blog/forum interface based on
mails by users.

<snip "link to mailing list hard to find">
I have changed the "Mailing lists" link on www.mediawiki.org and it now
points directly on the list page:

> Incidentally - the gmane interface to the list looks as though it ought to be
> great, but I find that, in addition to me finding it difficult to find the
> relevant forums, it does not appear to do searches very well. Is that others'
> experience as well, or am I just doing something wrong?

Maybe search is broken on gmane actually ? We do not manage that
service, so there is little for us to say about it :o)

Meantime, you can have a look at our FAQ:
  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FAQ

Welcome on the mailing list !

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++