[Mediawiki-l] Date variables in MW do not refresh automagically

Joshua Oreman oremanj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:53:29 UTC 2005

On 8/17/05, Mark Johnson <crvmp3 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm confused as to how to actually use the "?action=purge"? How do I use it
> in a intra-wiki link.  For example, I tried the following:
>
> [PracticePage?action=purge|PracticePage]
>
> But it thinks I want to create a new page called PracticePage?action=purge,
> which was to be expected.

Use an "external" link to your site's index.php of MediaWiki, followed
by ?title=PracticePage&action=purge.

If you want to purge a bunch of pages periodically, create an empty template,
include it in all pages you want purged periodically, and activate it
with something like
  wget -O /dev/null http://www.yoursite.com/index.php/Template:Foo?action=purge
Hope this helps.

-- Josh