[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki:monobook.css

Hans Voss hans.voss at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:34:36 UTC 2005

Sy, at first I would try to see if I can get the color to change by
speficing directly as a 'style' ellement. Like <H1 style="color:
green;"> to see if this works. Which it does in my MW1.5b4 setup.
I have had similar trouble with specifying a class in monobook I
eventually succeeded by using the hexadecimal color notation, thus:
H1.pastoral { color: "#00FF00;" }

Success

On 8/17/05, Sy <sy1234 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that I can edit MediaWiki:monobook.css to add in
> stylesheet type stuff.
>
> Reading the w3 stuff:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#class-html
>
> I see that I can do:
>
> H1.pastoral { color: green }  /* H1 elements with class~=pastoral */
>
> <H1>Not green</H1>
> <H1 class="pastoral">Very green</H1>
>
> However, this does not seem to do anything.
>
> Playing around with my cache doesn't seem to influence anything.  Is
> there another caching mechanism I need to know about?  Some sort of
> maintenance script or something?

----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards
Hans Voss