[Mediawiki-l] Re: Selected German as Language but tolltips and Linksstill English

topi topologis at t-online.de
Mon Aug 15 13:19:44 UTC 2005

I had the same problem
Any search for help did not help
I had to change all Spezial:Allmessages by hand to get  the german language
into my wiki

You need a filtered database dump of the mysql table 'cur' (e.g. from
wikipedia)

SELECT * FROM `hjl_cur` WHERE `cur_namespace` = 8

A corresponding should have been dumped on the german wikipedia. After
waiting a while (nothing happend) i did it manualy.

heinz

"Simon Wagner" <wagner.sim88 at web.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:001801c5a18c$5e7338b0$14b2a8c0 at simonwa...
Hello,
i have installed a mediawiki 1.4.7 on my server. Everything is OK so far it
is running, but when i looked closely at the navigation-links i noticed
something was wrong:
I had selected German as Language but the tooltips of the Links where still
in English, although the caption was in German (e.g. "Spenden" linking to
"support us" with the Tooltip "Support this Site")
So I looked for this array in DefaultSettings.php

$wgNavigationLinks = array (
    array( 'text'=>'mainpage', 'href'=>'mainpage' ),
    array( 'text'=>'portal', 'href'=>'portal-url' ),
    array( 'text'=>'currentevents', 'href'=>'currentevents-url' ),
    array( 'text'=>'mylink', 'href'=>'mylink-url' ),
    array( 'text'=>'help', 'href'=>'helppage' ),
    array( 'text'=>'sitesupport', 'href'=>'sitesupport-url' )
 );

After this I searched in LanguageDe.php for sitesupport-url. If I would
change this entry, thought, this would change the link.
I didn't found sitesupport-url, so I added it:
'sitesupport'=>'Spenden',
But this didn't change anything... ( I have set Firfox's cache to 0KB, so i
must have seen it)

Now, also changing
'mainpage'=>'Hauptseite'
'mainpage'=>'Hauptseite TEST'
didn't change anything.
Seems MediaWiki doesn't care about what is standing in LanguageDe.php...

After this, I tried to change the tooltips. Again the same, I searched for
tooltip-sitesupport in LanguageDe.php.
This time I was surprised: It was standing there already:
'tooltip-sitesupport' => 'Unterstützen Sie {{SITENAME}}',
So the tooltip should be in German *confused*

Now, I don't know how to solve the problem.

Did anyone of you have the same problem?
Why does MediaWiki ignore my changes in LanguageDe.php?
How can I make it following my changes?

Thanks in advance
S.W.