[Mediawiki-l] Removing User Preference to Change Password

Joshua Yeidel yeidel at wsu.edu
Tue Aug 16 01:14:40 UTC 2005

I checked the archives of this list (thanks, Gmane
<http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki>), without success.

We are using our own AuthPlugin to authenticate via LDAP against Active
Directory, with a "fall-through" for accounts that are not defined in AD.
We would like to present the password-change part of the User Preferences
panel _only_ to those users who are _not_ authenticated against Active
Directory.

We are on 1.4.7 now, with 1.5 upgrade probably not until January.  Any
suggestions about the cleanest way to implement this in 1.4.7 or in 1.5?

Thanks in advance.

--
Joshua Yeidel, Systems Professional   |
Center for Teaching, Learning,        |