[Mediawiki-l] [ANN] MediaWiki as a weblog, and calendaring.

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 00:37:30 UTC 2005

On 13/08/05, Sy <sy1234 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't bothered to extend the  month-shaping templates beyond
> June/July/August[1] yet, since there are 28 of them, but the'll all
> get done in due time.
>
> [1] August 2005 is 31 days beginning on monday, June 2005 is 30 days
> beginning on wednesday.. every combination needs to have a template
> made for it.
>
> All of this is probably more easily done with extensions, but I
> decided to use MediaWiki's existing templating functionality.

Have you seen the way the calendars are done on Wikipedia's date
pages? (No, neither have I, they're horribly iterative, and I could
never track down a decent description, but they're there...)
e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_August
includes Template:AugustCalendar
which includes Template:AugustCalendar2005
which uses Template:AugustCalendar2005
which uses Template:31DayCalendarStartingOnMonday
which I think has the actual source in it, but I'm not sure... :|

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]