[Mediawiki-l] langage and personal menus

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Aug 6 07:06:07 UTC 2005

Mike Valstar wrote:
> go into the database, add in some rows to the interwiki table...
> en,jp,etc

I add

en	http://susewiki.org	1

and nothing happend

> [[en:my page is the best]]

??

there may be a twist somewhere, if I activate (0->1)
wikipedia or turismo in the interwiki database, it works
(bleue link, goes to the right page).

none of my test works (I tried links to my own web site, f.e.)

to test , I insert on my own page

[[Wikipedia:]] -> good, blue and functional

[[en:]] -> defined to http://susewiki.org, gives nothing

[[susewiki:]] idem

[[turismo:]] -> good, blue and functional

[[dodinnet:]] ->defined to http://www;dodin.net nothing

(interwiki base modified with phpMyAdmin)

must also be listed elsewhere?

doc at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Guide_for_system_administrators_for_setting_up_interwiki_linking
is confusing.

mecum:/srv/www/htdocs/mediawiki # grep -r $wgLanguageNames *
mecum:/srv/www/htdocs/mediawiki # grep -r $wgInterwikiMagic *

gives nothing :-(

thanks
jdd

--