[Mediawiki-l] Animal Kingdom Database

David Blomstrom webmaster at geobop.org
Thu Aug 4 17:23:11 UTC 2005

I want to learn how to make a content management system for a website
focusing on the animal kingdom. It will be somewhat similar to the
Animal Diversity Web. Here's an example of their pages:

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Canis_lupus.html

But my site will have more features, and the appearance will be more
refined. The body will consist of three columns, with advertising in the
right column. I would like the URLs to display like this:

www.geozoo.org/stacks/Carnivora/
www.geozoo.org/stacks/Canidae/
www.geozoo.org/stacks/Canis_lupus/

Would MediaWiki be a good choice for a project like this?  I was
thinking about trying Mambo, but I haven't even received answers to my
most basic questions on their users list. I downloaded and installed
Plone, which is what the Animal Diversity Web, but it's a can of worms -
not even remotely user friendly.

Thanks.

--
http://www.geobop.org/ (Geobop) | http://www.geoworld.org/ (GeoWorld) | http://www.geozoo.org (GeoZoo) |