[Mediawiki-l] direct linking in sidebar mw1.5

Andres Obrero andres at holzapfel.ch
Thu Aug 4 17:05:01 UTC 2005

i modified sucessfully the sidebar as described in FAQ, by modifing
Mediawiki:Sidebar.
But for injecting some dynamic generated entries, it is a pain to code.
The need to create/modify three entries in the db (one for the link and
one for caption
and the last mod in Mediawiki:Sidebar).
Is there a way to avoid the lookup in the db for some translations or
whatever.
I mean some sort of adding

* RenderThisTitleWithoutLookup
** http://myUrlDoNotLookup|onlyRenderThisCaptionDoNotLookup

Just imagine that the other software (in my case gallery2) takes care
about language etc. for these entries
I did it by modifying the template, but that is not a clean solution.
I did it as extension,  a hack too.
Maybe an oldfashioned include of the title=>"", "href"=>"" in 1.4 is
still possible, but i had no luck adding it in the LocalSettings.php.
Any ideas?

Regards
Andres Obrero