[Mediawiki-l] Who's watching a page?

Steven Hilton mshiltonj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:49:19 UTC 2005

Is there a way to find out who is watching a page?

I'm running beta3, and have this is my LocalSettings.php:
/** Show watching users in recent changes, watchlist and page history views */
$wgRCShowWatchingUsers                          = true; # UPO
/** Show watching users in Page views */
$wgPageShowWatchingUsers                        = true;

The change I see after setting these values is the number of watching
users on the article itself, in the footer, like:
  [4 watching user/s]

I get the same info displayed on the RecentChanges and Watchlist page,
now that I have my preferences set to show it.

But I'm not seeing a way to view the list of individual users watching
a page.  Can mediawiki do this?

Thanks!

--
Steven Hilton <mshiltonj at gmail.com>