[Mediawiki-l] MediWiki Quirk with Special Page on Publishing New Items

Brian Ross brianross at minorleaguenews.com
Tue Aug 2 16:31:51 UTC 2005

We installed the MediWiki software on a Solaris server. The install went
fine. We started to customize it minimally (We changed the flower graphic).
Then tried to use it.

The database is working. It took modifications of existing pages. If I put a
link into an existing page to build a new item or category, it takes it.

What it¹s NOT doing is allowing a user to add from a search.  They search
for a baseball player (It¹s a sports wiki) and it comes back under special
with suggestions for the search, but no offer to allow the end-user to add
the person to the wiki themselves.

What is turned off? Needs turned on?  I¹ve been through docs for hours and
haven¹t found this specific problem mentioned yet.

This wiki is at:  http://www.minorleaguenews.com/wiki

Cheers,

Brian Ross
Sr. Editor