[Mediawiki-l] How to create a message on every Wiki page/article?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:13:39 UTC 2005

On 4/30/05, =James Birkholz= <j.birchwood at verizon.net> wrote:
> At 07:15 PM 4/22/05, you wrote:
> >"Matt" == Matt England <mengland at mengland.net> writes:
> >
> > > How can I, as a MediaWiki admin, create a message on every Wiki
> > > page/article?  (In my current case, I'm running MediaWiki on a
> >---snip--
> >  Use MediaWiki:Sitenotice. What you place in that translation will be
> >displayed at the top of all pages.
>
> I found the page which has
> &lt;sitenotice&gt;
> on the edit page.
> If I add or replace with sample text and then view the Main page, the test
> message isn't visible?
>
> Am I missing a step?

You want to edit the article entitled MediaWiki:Sitenotice

You can get there by going to Special pages, then scroll down to the
entry named sitenotice.  The default contents is just a single -. I'm
not sure what page you found.

Edit that page and it should appear at the top of each page on your wiki.