[Mediawiki-l] Re: Trying to make images redirect to category pages - no luck

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:41:55 UTC 2005

On 4/28/05, Mike Stanley <utmikestanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/28/05, Jan Steinman <Jan at bytesmiths.com> wrote:
> My preferences were, in order:
>
> Make image to Category redirecting work, if possible (now I know its not)

I think that it's not a matter of not redirecting to categories, but
that since the Image page has enough other stuff that they made it not
redirect.

> Make the images unclickable / nonfunctionaly if possible

You could do this by writing an extension that takes an image link as
a parameter, and it outputs the image without link. Then you could use
syntax like:

[[:Category:Windows|<image>[[Image:Windows.png|42px|The windows logo]]</image>]]

If you need help with this, feel free to ask.

> Get rid of the images

Naw. This is pretty much a minor issue.

-- Jamie