[Mediawiki-l] Trying to make images redirect to category pages - no luck

Mike Stanley utmikestanley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:10:01 UTC 2005

Not sure if we're doing something wrong or if this just isn't possible.

We're disaplaying a number of images as "icons" on our main page in
front of the various topics we list there - which are also defined as
categories.

Before we started using categories those links just lead to individual
pages like "Windows", "Mac", "Printing",  etc.  We setup the image
pages to redirect to /Windows , /Mac, and /Printing and that worked
fine.

Now we're trying to have the image pages redirect to
/Category:Windows, /Category:Mac, /Category:Printing - but the
redirect does not function.  When we click on the Windows image we end
up at /Image:Windows.Png with Category:Windows displayed at the top of
the page.

Is it simply not possible to have an image redirect to a Category or
am I doing something wrong?

Here is the redirect I'm trying to use:

#REDIRECT [[Category:Windows]]

Thanks for your time!