[Mediawiki-l] user setting password

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:48:13 UTC 2005

On 4/28/05, Jason Davies <ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Can a user set their own chosen password when the wiki is set to only
> allow logged-in users to edit and a sysop to create new accounts? You
> only see the boxes to log in and mail a new password. This user is not
> very technical, though she is sensible and pleaded password-fatigue,
> she's already struggling to remember them.

I don't have my wiki set up that way, but have you checked the user
preferences/user data page also.  It is normally the place where users
change their passwords. In fact the login page doesn't have an option
to change a password even when users can create accounts. This makes
sense since you really need to be authenticated before you change your
password, in other words you need to be logged in first.