[Mediawiki-l] user setting password

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 09:53:49 UTC 2005

Can a user set their own chosen password when the wiki is set to only
allow logged-in users to edit and a sysop to create new accounts? You
only see the boxes to log in and mail a new password. This user is not
very technical, though she is sensible and pleaded password-fatigue,
she's already struggling to remember them.

But it seemed worth asking! I don't see an item in the FAQ.

by the way, is the FAQ welcoming idiots like me drafting answers to
questions and contributing, when suitably advised here by those who
know? or is it preferred that only power users contribute? thanks. I'd
be happy to convert my questions into items there once i've made every
conceivable mistake and been corrected...