[Mediawiki-l] Re: how many links

Moonlight Embrace moonlightembrace at acadine.org
Wed Apr 27 19:05:04 UTC 2005

Do you mean that mediawiki does not parse the page every time it is displayed? If so, I guess it is not a limitation.

-ME

On 4/26/05, Moonlight Embrace <moonlightembrace at acadine.org> wrote:
> How many [[links]] can Mediawiki handle without starting to drag down the processor? I have a great idea for a new wiki, but it requires many, many, many, many links on every page. It's sort of an organic dictionary.
>
> -ME

Don't know. Try it and see.

You may want to setup templates to insert 5, 10, 100, etc. links at a
time. Then you can just make a page using these templates then use the
purge action (page_name?action=purge) to make it reparse.

-- Jamie