[Mediawiki-l] Multi-part pages like EVOwiki and couple more questions...

CheekyGeek cheekygeek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:58:46 UTC 2005

I'm learning/using MediaWiki for a storm-chasing-related wiki that I'm creating:
http://stormwiki.unk.edu/

My immediate question is: How does one make the separate blocks of
editable info like on EVOwiki?
http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/Main_Page
I know that making a Subhead gives one the separate "edit" link, but
how does one organize the page in multiple columns (boxes) like that?

Ironically (for such a product) I'm having a hard time finding
well-organized documentation for various modifications that I'd like
to make. If anyone can suggest the best documentation sites for
MediaWiki, perhaps I could send fewer questions to this list.
: )

I'd also like to create an an alphabetical index that I could include
on each page (Just the letters of the alphabet as links that would
then create a list of pages beginning with that letter). Is that
possible (or built-in somewhere)?

Are there any good examples for how people are using the Community pages?

Feel free to answer only part of any of the above questions.
: ) Thanks in advance!

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE