[Mediawiki-l] Disabling account creation

Carlton B carltonb at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 25 09:17:50 UTC 2005

Thanks Brion... still having problems though.
The text of  [[MediaWiki:Loginprompt]] is:  "You must have cookies enabled
to log in to Takipedia."
I need to change that, but it doesn't hide the fields that a user could use
to create a new account.

I believe I actually need to edit the Special:Userlogin page itself but I
don't know how to do it. The section I want to hide contains the "(new users
only)" fields and also this text:

	"Fields marked with a star (*) are optional. Storing an email address
enables people to contact you through the website 	without you having to
reveal your email address to them, and it can be used to send you a new
password if you forget it.

	Your real name, if you choose to provide it, will be used for giving you
attribution for your work."

Is Special:Userlogin the page to edit, and if so, how is it possible to edit
it?  Even when logged in as a sysop, this page has no edit tabs.

Sorry if these are lame questions, like I said I'm new to MW.

-Carlton