[Mediawiki-l] template weirdness

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sun Apr 24 01:33:21 UTC 2005

Do templates force-close any opening tags?

I'm trying to make templates for a simple hierarchical link list,
something like {{menu top}} that opens a <div> and <font>, one or more
intermedate {{menu this}} {{menu that}} templates that provide a second
set of links, based on the same <div> and <font>, then a {{menu close}}
that does the </div> and </font>.

But it looks like the {{menu top}} is getting closed off with

Is there any way around this sort of behavior?

(MediaWiki 1.4)

:::: A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on
military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching
spiritual doom. Martin Luther King, Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/003AA15>