[Mediawiki-l] Re: Rendering of italics

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Sat Apr 23 14:49:27 UTC 2005

Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com> writes:

> One thing I noticed after resurrecting the test suite: text in
> double tics is now rendered as "<i>" instead of "<em>".  Was this
> a consciously-made change, or just an error introduced into the
> parser at some point?

Because the WP markup is layout markup, using <i> is perfectly okay,
unfortunately...  Because we editors are stupid, we do not deserve
semantic markup - that's what I was told more than once by the
developers.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                           |      ,__o
                                                        |    _-\_<,
                                                        |   (*)/'(*)
Key fingerprint = F138 B28F B7ED E0AC 1AB4  AA7F C90A 35C3 E9D0 5D1C