[Mediawiki-l] Where to put .js?

Juanma Barranquero lekktu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:49:13 UTC 2005

I'm trying to add a box (a div tag) on the first page of my MediaWiki
installation, as content, not page template (I don't want to modify
the skin), and I want to execute a bit of JavaScript that modifies the
div every time the page is loaded. Basically, I'm copying the calendar
page from http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Portal_de_la_comunidad,
but I want it to reflect the date/time information at the time the
Main Page is loaded, not when it was saved and/or cached.

What's the right place to put that JavaScript? I've thought of
MediaWiki:Monobook.js, but I'm a bit uncomfortable adding things to
it, as I assume it can change when upgrading MediaWiki. I can also use
an extension tag (let's say, <calendar></calendar>) and insert the
script from there, but it's very ugly.

Is there any other, better place?

Thanks,

                    /L/e/k/t/u