[Mediawiki-l] Re: How can I drive these Language.php changes into my Wiki?

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Tue Apr 19 23:30:41 UTC 2005

 >> How can I drive these Language.php changes into my Wiki (running 1.4.0)?

There's a script you can run, maintenance/rebuildMessages.php or the
like.  But the best way would be to go and find the message you want to
change on the Special:AllMessages page, then follow the link and change
it there in the wiki database as is.

When you install MediaWiki, it copies the default Language.php settings
into the database and ignores that Language.php file afterwards (except
in 1.4.x there is an switch in DefaultSettings.php that tells it to just
use the file and not the database).

Make sure you're adding settings to LocalSettings.php and not changing
the DefaultSettings.php file.  :)

Hínandil